- Support and encouragement from a bunch of highly
motivated and enthusiastic fellow runners and walkers. This
is by far the most important benefit of this club, and is
probably the main reason we keep coming back.
- Weekly club run from Les Moore Park at Victoria Point
every (and we mean every) Saturday morning, followed by good
company and as much coffee and food as you want to buy at
the Oven King Bakery, Colburn Ave (we'll provide some cake
for your birthday!).
- Regular training sessions during the week from several
locations in the Redlands.
- Monthly 5km time trial (last Saturday of every month)
to monitor your progress.
- Peer coaching and advice from experienced runners.
There wouldn’t be a person who hasn’t learned at least one
thing from another member, regardless of level of
- A safe, family-friendly environment where junior
members are encouraged and motivated to participate in
- Access to the club’s two Facebook sites (one of which
is strictly restricted to members’ only), on which all
official and ad hoc training options; information about and
photographs of events; and all sorts of other things; are
- Team registration discounts for some events (as
available) and/ or coordinated race pack pick up for many
- Club tent and BBQ, enthusiastic supporters, and
unofficial photographers at most major (and many minor)
- Access to club merchandise – running shirts, singlets,
visors, and personalised jackets.
- Social events – both planned and ad hoc – throughout
- The option to participate in our annual charity
weekend/ running tour
well as all the above, your joining fee provides:
- Simultaneous membership of
Queensland Athletics (all included in the one fee)
Click here to go to QA website
- Personal accident insurance
whilst competing and training at QA and BRW club events (see
list of sanctioned runs in the Members Policy) as well as
access at members' prices to all QA competitions
- Public liability insurance
for BRW Inc.
- Club operating costs
- Thanks to the generosity of
our members and contacts, financial club members can also
obtain discounted products and services from the following
- Physiotherapy services –
from Body Leadership, 401 Old Cleveland Road, Coorparoo Ph
3847 8040 (contact Paul Trevethan) 10% discount http://www.bodyleadership.com.au
- Travel Agent services –
Amanda Brady, Travel Managers – Wellington Point https://www.travelmanagers.com.au/ptm/amandabrady/
ph 0407 632 228 for personalised international travel
bookings and offering 15% off travel insurance for club
- Sporting apparel and
running shoes – SportFirst, Victoria Point Shopping
Centre, Bunker Road – 20% off RRP for all shoes in store
(not on orders) and 10% off apparel - contact Robyn Rowe
ph 3820 8345
- Mobile Paint & Bumper
Repairs – Touch Up Guys – Redlands. Contact Bruce Brady ph
0412 348 981 http://guys.touchupguys.com.au/brisbane/east-brisbane
all Bumper Repairs, Stone Chips, Minor Scratch Repairs and
Cut and polishing needs – 20% off all services.
- Cheah Tae Kwon Do and
Integrated Martial Arts - $25 discount per month on
monthly training fees (pay $60 instead of the usual $85).
Training nights are Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 pm in
the Vicotoria Point Community Hall, cnr Link Rd and
Colburn Ave – contact Mark Grevell ph 0410 749 360
- Oz PCs – Redland Bay and
Toowong. Contact Peter Lowe ph 3171
: your local computer sales and repair shop.
Offering a great range of products in store and
turn around on repairs, service and upgrades. Free
computer dustout offered to club members.