- Support and encouragement from a bunch of highly motivated
and enthusiastic fellow runners and walkers. This is by far the most
important benefit of this club, and is probably the main reason we keep
- Weekly club run from Les Moore Park at Victoria Point every
(and we mean every) Saturday morning, followed by good company and as
much coffee and food as you want to buy at the Oven King Bakery,
Colburn Ave (we'll provide some cake for your birthday!).
- Regular training sessions during the week from several
locations in the Redlands.
- Monthly 5km time trial (last Saturday of every month) to
monitor your progress.
- Peer coaching and advice from experienced runners. There
wouldn’t be a person who hasn’t learned at least one thing from another
member, regardless of level of experience.
- A safe, family-friendly environment where junior members are
encouraged and motivated to participate in healthy activity.
- Access to the club’s two Facebook sites (one of which is
strictly restricted to members’ only), on which all official and ad hoc
training options; information about and photographs of events; and all
sorts of other things; are posted.
- Team registration discounts for some events (as available)
and/ or coordinated race pack pick up for many events.
- Club tent and BBQ, enthusiastic supporters, and unofficial
photographers at most major (and many minor) events.
- Access to club merchandise – running shirts, singlets,
visors, and personalised jackets.
- Social events – both planned and ad hoc – throughout the year
- The option to participate in our annual charity weekend/
As well as
all the above, your joining fee provides:
- Simultaneous membership of
Queensland Athletics (all
included in the one fee)
Click here to go to QA website
- Personal accident insurance whilst
competing and training at
QA and BRW club events (see list of sanctioned runs in the Members
Policy) as well as access at members' prices to all QA competitions
- Public liability insurance for BRW
- Club operating costs
- Thanks to the generosity of our
members and contacts,
financial club members can also obtain discounted products and services
from the following businesses:
- Physiotherapy services – from
Body Leadership, 401 Old
Coorparoo Ph 3847 8040 (contact Paul Trevethan) 10% discount http://www.bodyleadership.com.au
- Travel Agent services – Amanda
Brady, Travel Managers –
ph 0407 632
228 for personalised international travel bookings and offering 15% off
travel insurance for club members
- Sporting apparel and running
shoes – SportFirst, Victoria
Point Shopping Centre, Bunker Road – 20% off RRP for all shoes in store
(not on orders) and 10% off apparel - contact Robyn Rowe ph 3820 8345
- Mobile Paint & Bumper
Repairs – Touch Up Guys –
Redlands. Contact Bruce Brady ph 0412 348 981 http://guys.touchupguys.com.au/brisbane/east-brisbane
for all Bumper Repairs, Stone Chips, Minor Scratch Repairs and Cut and
polishing needs – 20% off all services.
- Cheah Tae Kwon Do and Integrated
Martial Arts - $25 discount per month on monthly training fees (pay $60
instead of the usual $85). Training nights are Tuesday and Thursday
from 6:30 pm in the Vicotoria Point Community Hall, cnr Link Rd and
Colburn Ave – contact Mark Grevell ph 0410 749 360
- Oz PCs – Redland Bay
and Toowong. Contact Peter Lowe ph
: your local computer sales and repair shop. Offering a great
range of products in store and fast
turn around on repairs, service and upgrades. Free computer dustout
offered to club members.